Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Weekend Fun

(Note this was from the weekend before last. I'm not sure why I didn't just post at the time. he)
I had a great time this weekend. Well make that I had a great time on Sunday since I worked Saturday.

There is this bicycle group called Gonads and Strife and they have this event http://www.gonads-n-strifebikeclub.org/events.html, a bicycle poker run to raise money for the Make A Wish Foundation. Mike rode in it last year and had a ball. So this year Mike bought me a bike for our anniversary hoping I ride with him this year and I did. The first leg is the hardest. Even though it doesn't seem like it, it is up hill from Great Basin Brewery in Sparks to the Sierra Tap House in Reno. I wasn't so sure about this bike riding stuff. After all I hadn't been on a bike in a very long time.


The next leg, up to the Record Street Cafe, wasn't bad. We had a beer and some pizza to fortify us. I ran into a friend from many years ago. I hadn't seen Tracy in such a long time. It was kind of funny to run in to her, last time I saw her was 13 years ago when she bake our cake for our wedding.

Then back down to Silver Peak Restaurant. Another beer and a change to check out all the bikes. We got to talking to this pair of folks, Libby and Greg, and it turns out Greg went to high school with my sister and brother. I just love Reno. It's such a small town.

On the way back to Great Basin things were rolling along nicely. It was a down hill ride and quite pleasant until another rider ran me off the path. I wasn't too happy after that. I was pretty banged up but there was no damage to my new bike. After I got cleaned up and had a shot and a beer and felt much better. My friend Mike and Lisa joins us for a beer and some nosh. A great time was had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment