Monday, May 4, 2009

Blogs, fun, fun and no money

Blogs, blogs, blogs. I love them. I read 30-50 everyday. I love who these people let us into their lives. I think of them as friends and miss them when they don't post or I don't read every day. I have laughed and cried with them. I don't comment so often because mostly I can't think of anything creative to say and ditto seems so blah. I admire their lives and wished mine was more interesting like theirs. Oh well so much for the pity party.

This past weekend was a busy one. On Saturday was Lisa's Derby Day party. She throws a great bash with plenty of food and friends. Then we went to LindaRick&Jessica's for dinner to celebrate Mom's and Jeff's birthday. After dinner we played a game called Apples to Apples. It's allot of fun. Dad went home early so we gave Mom a ride home. We had lots of fun.

Sunday was a house cleaning and yard work day. I cleaned the basement and boy it needed it. Ran a few loads of laundry and stuff like that. Mike weeded some more of the back yard. I planted flowers.

I'm kind of bummed because no matter how much I make it's never enough. For example I would like to put in some pavers in the back yard so the we can use some of it, the back yard. (Right now it's pretty useless because it's all just dirt.) I need 181 pavers at a cost of about $1000. That's a bit more than the budget right now.

Then there's the artificial turf I want to put in. Most of the back yard is a large flat surface that had lawn many years ago but not now. We try to keep the weeds back so it's mostly dirt. I want to put in artificial turf for several reasons but mostly so the we can use the yard. The area is about 1000 sqfeet. The lowest option is about $2,400 for 600 sqft up (we do all the work) to $13.00 a sqft ($13,000.00) installed. Way above budget.

We need new appliances for the kitchen, Range, dishwasher, fridge and garbage disposal. If we're going to replace all of these we might as well do the floor at the same time. I think 5 grand should about to cover it.

On top of all this the Governor wants to cut our pay by 6%. Oh well at least I still have a job.

1 comment:

  1. I can totally relate, there is never enough money. Even when I was working full time and making kick a** money, we never seemed to have enough. Now we definately dont! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete