Wednesday, March 3, 2010

It's been a long, long, long time

It's been a very long time since I've posted anything. It is because we, here at work, have been busy, busy busy. At the end of every Legislative Session we print the laws that were pass during that session. Usually this happens in September-October. This multi volume project is called "The Nevada Revised Statutes." This year there was a law passed that required to make the whole thing to be gender neutral. The long and the short of it is that it took the people who put the books together a lot longer to do their job this year. We started our part of this project in middle of January. We are now coming down to the end.

To give you and idea of how big this project is there are 58 volumes, put together in three volume packages. Each package has about 1700 pages. (That's about a 4" tall stack of paper.)
I've been helping out in the bindery, marrying packages together, feeding them into a very large punch machine and generally helping out where I can. I may be weird but I've really had a great time working on this project and will be sorry when it is over.

Any way I want to tell about the trip I made in January, to the National Cowboy Poetry Gathering, in Elko, NV. But that is another post.

1 comment: