Monday, September 12, 2011

CSSW Retreat

I had a great time last weekend at the CSSW Retreat. (Sorry no pictures, was having too much fun.)
I got out to Davis Creek Regional Park about 1:00 on Friday and Amy, Doris and Virva were already there. As I was setting up a few more people showed up, Elieen, Carol, Sharie, and the Lindsay's, Mark and Linda. Mike came out with the dogs. Carol's daughters also came to camp with their mother. Calista stopped by to saw Hi.
Linda and I dropped a Yarn Bomb on 395 just before the turn off to get to the camp ground. It was fun. (Good news it's still there, I saw it as I drove to work this morning.) There was a lot of laughter and talk and red wine and of course a nice camp fire.
Saturday's meeting was fun. We had a silent auction and of course a bunch of folks brought stuff to sell or donate. I was able to move quite a bit of things I had been storing on to new homes. It's so much fun to see everyone but it goes by too fast.
Mim brought dye stuff for folks to use so there was a lot of color going on. I am inspired by the kool aide dying Sharie had done. I didn't get to dye. I was talking too much.
I helped carol get a warp on her ridge heddle loom and she was very happy. She kept joking on how she was now a "warped" woman.
Saturday night was a bit more low keyed, not as many people camping but still fun was had. Another camp fire and roasted marsh mellows.
Mike had taken the dogs home Saturday morning but came back with them and a great gift, coffee and donuts.
It was sad to pack up and go home but I have a lot of great memories of the event.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you guys had a great time, sorry I missed it! Maybe next year... I say that every year, don't I?

    ReplyDelete