Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Finished projects

I finished another project over the weekend. I knit a Citron Shawl featured in the Knitty, Winter 2009 addition. It was a fun and quick knit. It think it went faster because I created a chart of the increases for my self.
I'm now wanting to start on something new. My choices are, Herbivore by Steven West, The Fall Leaves Shawl by Sara Lamb, Spin Off Fall 2009, or Storm Cloud Shawlette by Hanna Breetz. Actually I modify that one a bit to include some kind of cool border stitch and maybe make it stockinette.
Too many projects not enough time.

I also finished a five year old project, Meg Swansen's Super Sprial Shawl from A gathering of Lace. I hand spun all the yarn for this project. I started with 2oz of cashmere and silk I got from Chasing Rainbows. In the end I needed to put this project on a 120" needle to be able to see all the stitches. I used the super stretchy bind off from Knitty. I used 88 markers in the border section and a whopping 1760 bound off stitches.

1 comment:

  1. Love knitting the Fall Leaves, if that matters. They are all tempting.

    ReplyDelete